Naast S/4HANA is er nu ook BW/4HANA, de volledig op HANA gebaseerde datawarehouse oplossing. Het wordt door SAP aangekondigd als een nieuwe oplossing, omdat het niet op andere databases draait. Waar gebruikers wellicht hadden verwacht dat BW niet meer nodig zou zijn met HANA en S/4HANA, is een datawarehouse nog steeds nodig of bruikbaar voor complexe datamodellen, historische data en consolidatie.
De VNSG, met haar actieve focusgroep Business Intelligence, zal daarom extra aandacht besteden aan BW/4HANA en vooral ook vragen stellen over de roadmap, de transitie en de licentiezaken.
SAP BW/4HANA, a next-generation data warehouse application for running a real-time digital enterprise.
In addition to traditional on-premise deployment, the new solution will soon be available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud service so companies can conveniently modernize their data warehousing environments and accelerate their digital journey into the cloud.
"Latest SAP HANA Platform Innovation Will Future-Proof Data Warehousing Landscapes and Unleash New Ways to Analyze Data in Real Time"
SAP BW/4HANA is based on four design principles that enable the next generation of data warehousing. SAP BW/4HANA is designed for the future so it can more easily accommodate business change opportunities, address changing market demands and adjust competitive situations.
- Dramatically improves performance for data loading, querying, analysis, staging, and planning processes
- Simplifies data modeling using a modern user interface, Advanced DataStore Object, and Composite Provider
- Accelerates open data warehousing environment thru simplified object models and SQL support
- Offers advanced multi-temperature data store options that allow systems and costs to be managed more easily
- Cuts development time with prebuilt models and Eclipse-based modeling tools
- Consumes and integrates mixed architecture scenarios: SAP BW on SAP HANA and SAP HANA data marts
SAP BW/4HANA is an integrated data warehousing solution that has been optimized to fully leverage the SAP HANA in-memory database. This optimization empowers business’ to deliver on the demand for simple, open, flexible and highly scalable solutions that will meet the data warehouse needs of the business today and beyond.
- Simplify your data warehouse architecture and free up more time for line-of-business requirements
- Integrate SAP and non-SAP applications and data into one logical data warehouse for a single version of the truth
- Future ready for new business opportunities and growing volumes of data
- Built for on-premise and the cloud
SAP BW/4HANA is built for cloud and on-premise deployments allowing organizations to choose the deployment environment that is right for them. Customers can choose to deploy via SAP's managed service offering, SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud or AWS Infrastructure as a Service.
Delivering a simpler and more powerful way to achieve real-time analytics by connecting historical data with live data stored in SAP and non-SAP environments.
SAP BW/4HANA – is an integrated data warehouse solution optimized to fully leverage the SAP HANA in-memory platform. SAP BW/4HANA dramatically simplifies development, administration and user interface of your data warehouse resulting in enhanced business agility.
At SAP, we realize each of our customers are starting their journey to a modern data warehouse from different places. That’s why we have created distinct paths, complete with distinct services and tools, to help you achieve your goals in the most direct fashion, with the least disruption.
The SAP BW/4HANA implementation for customers new to SAPs integrated data warehousing technologies will benefit from intuitive modelling and eclipse interface.
- Bring data from your old system to SAP BW/4HANA with our integrated data management and quality tools
- If you have an SAP landscape over five years old, it’s time to consider a fresh start
- Leverage a modern data warehouse, without modifications or work-arounds of the past
The effort for the system conversion is largely proportional to the duration since the last major system update, the number of classical data models, and the amount of actively used custom coding.
- Complete conversion of an existing SAP Business Warehouse system to SAP BW/4HANA
- If your current SAP landscape has been highly maintained (SAP BW, powered by SAP HANA), you most likely can convert to SAP BW/4HANA in just a few steps
Simplify your system landscape to carve out selected processes/functions, moving gradually to SAP BW/4HANA innovations. Improve merger and acquisition activities by consolidating rapidly, delivering predictive capabilities.
- Ideal for large enterprises with many instances of SAP and non-SAP BW systems
- Consolidation into one global SAP BW/4HANA system or selective data migrations
SAP BW/4HANA is SAP’s next generation data warehouse solution.
It is a new product, built entirely on one of the most advanced in-memory platforms today – SAP HANA. It provides a simple set of objects that is well suited for modelling an agile and flexible layered architecture of a modern data warehouse. SAP BW/4HANA manages all sorts of data, whether from SAP applications or other systems, structured or unstructured, and allows accessing of all models through an open SQL interface. SAP BW/4HANA comes with state of the art user interfaces for administrators, developers, and end users as well as completely SAP HANA-optimized processes that let you leverage huge amounts of data in real time for competitive advantage.
The Road to SAP BW/4HANA – Part 1 | Marc Bernard
The Road to SAP BW/4HANA – Part 2 | Marc Bernard
This course provides a high-level overview of SAP BW/4HANA. Starting from the value proposition, we will show system demos covering some of the major functional aspects. Another central aspect for customers running SAP BW powered by SAP HANA is the migration path to SAP BW/4HANA. Finally, we will have a look at the future development roadmap for SAP BW/4HANA.
BW/4HANA: 10 vragen aan SAP
10 vragen aan Lothar Henkes, vice president of product management voor SAP BW/4HANA:
1. SAP BW/4HANA is the next-generation business warehouse application. What makes it more advanced than SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW) 7.5?
2. Why should companies deploy SAP BW/4HANA? What are the benefits?
3. How does SAP BW/4HANA fit in to SAP’s data warehousing strategy?
4. Will customers continue to receive support for older versions of SAP BW?
5. Can customers carry on using SQL-based SAP HANA data warehousing?
6. Will SAP BW/4HANA have the same capabilities as both the SAP BW 7.5 on SAP HANA releases?
7. Why should customers switch to SAP BW/4HANA if they have just upgraded to SAP BW 7.5?
8. How do SAP BW/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA relate?
9. Is SAP BW/4HANA only for customers already on SAP?
10. Which analytics tools can be used with SAP BW/4HANA?